Lords and Legends: The Voidshadow Requiem Preview Miniatures


Back in May Death Reaper Games (DRG) announced a forthcoming foray into tabletop gaming with Lords and Legends: The Voidshadow Requiem. Set in the fantasy realm of Luminaria, Lords and Legends is billed as a narrative driven skirmish game where players assemble warbands of Legends, Heroes and Minions and try to lead them to victory against their opponents. "Narrative driven skirmish games" are very much my cup of tea, as are cool miniatures, so my interest was piqued straight away.

While much of the info about the game remains unknown at this time, DRG have confirmed that there will be warbands of humans, goblins and Dwarves as well as the Undead, so most fantasy staples are likely to be catered to and the initial human and undead warbands led by Sir Tristan Coates and Baron von Evile respectively have been shown off on DRG's social media channels.


To coincide with UK Games Expo 2026 in May, DRG released a limited run preview pack containing two miniatures, a sinister Voidshadow Legionary and a noble Ravenweald Soldier. I think the plan is for the main warbands for the game to be cast in plastic, but the preview minis were cast in resin, presumably so they could be available in time for release. This wasn't a problem though as the print quality was pretty good and they required very little clean up before assembly. 

With my painting table clear last week, I decided to give the minis a lick of paint: 




For the Ravenweald Soldier I took heavy inspiration from the boxart, going with a rich blue for the gambeson and  polished silver and gold for the armour plate. I kept everything pretty clean as I get the impression that the warriors that follow Sir Coates are pretty well drilled, so their kit is likely to be well looked after and maintained. 




The Voidshadow Legionary however is far less clean kept. It's armour and wargear is scuffed and corroded - this revenant isn't spending any time looking after it at all! I also had a go at painting a fell glow within its' skull to suggest it's being (re)animated by dark magics.

Having finished this pair, I can safely say that they are as "painter friendly" as suggested - infact, I think that whatever the level of your painting skill and amount of hobby time you have available, you'll be able to get these minis looking good. As a result, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the minis for the other factions will bring to the table.

At the time of writing, some photos of test shot sprues have been appearing on DRG's socials and it looks like the details on them are just as crisp as these preview pieces which is not a great sign for the rest of the range, but would suggest that the release date for the game is getting closer too - hopefully there will be more info on that soon, including more details about how the game plays as well. In the meantime though, as always thanks for reading and happy hobbying. 

Comments